There’s nothing website buyers like more than a successful, proven niche – but the truly intrepid buyer is always on the lookout for the next big thing. WebsiteBroker.com is home to websites in all kinds of niches, of course, but we want to help steer both website buyers and sellers in the right directions by listing the top potential website niches?
Why focus on niches? Easy: a niche is essentially a market. All website trades are contingent on the success of a particular market, and the more markets are seen as valuable, the more websites there will be to buy and sell. So without any further fanfare, let’s take a look at what we believe may just be five stellar website niches to buy and sell.
1. Learning a musical instrument. Music is a major industry in the modern world. You can’t turn on your TV without being influenced by it somehow or search through Twitter trends without seeing some kind of musical fad making it big. Learning a musical instrument has always been a top priority for a great many people; in 2012, we think it’s set to truly explode as a niche. Whether your site is about learning how to play piano, drums, or guitar, there’s a real market to make the world of music more accessible to those newbies who haven’t so much as picked up an instrument in their past.
2. Education. Okay, say the word “education” online and you’ll probably think the topic’s going to be a little bit boring. But with the recent news that the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is going to offer some courses online for free, we figure it’s time that education got the recognition it deserves. Sure, the concept of “education” is a little big to be considered a niche, but don’t forget that any niche can be combined with “education” and learning in order to create something new and original. People want to be taught!
3. Weight Loss. We know, we know – weight loss is always a niche, 2012 or otherwise. But that’s no reason it won’t be big this current year, and that’s as good a reason as any to make sure that you’re somewhere within the niche. It is a large niche, however, so you’ll want to guard against trying to conquer the market yourself. But don’t ignore the weight loss niche in 2012 – or any other year.
4. Dating. Between Dr. Phil’s ever-present advice and new, popular books on the subject of dating and male/female relationships, there’s no better time than now to get involved in the dating niche and offer some poor souls out there some useful advice – or whatever it is that your website can do to help them.
5. Gardening. Rising food prices means people are looking for new ways to eat and save money, and growing one’s own produce is one of the best ways to do just that. Many people are suspicious of the food they find in the supermarket anyway – it’s better to grow your own food at home. And we’re sure you’ll have a website soon that tells people exactly that.