In site flipping, adding value to the site is probably the core of the business. It is the activity that generates income. There are varying degrees and ways of how you can do this, but writing all of them down would be a bit impractical. In this article, we will discuss some of the more well-known and well-practiced ways of increasing a site’s value:
- SEO – this stands for Search Engine Optimization. This activity makes the site very easily detected by search engines and thus, easily accessible to people. SEO attempts to boost a site’s popularity by increasing its ranking in search engines. Higher rankings equal higher traffic and that is what every site needs in order to become profitable.It is often the case that the right SEO work can mean the difference between success and failure. SEO actually also makes the site a bit more user-friendly, ensuring a steady flow of visitors.
- More profit options – a lot of people who put up websites actually do so for the fun of it. You have experts putting up sites in order to share different types of information, but who aren’t making any profit from doing so.A great way to flip websites would be to include some advertising options. By adding google adsense, you could bring in a lot of revenue to a website with already solid content.
- Layout – sometimes, all the site needs is a little tweak in the layout to bring in more profit. Finding the right spots for advertisements, making content more eye catching and basically changing the way various elements are arranged can have a huge impact on how attractive and usable a site can be, increasing its value exponentially.
- Redesign – the design and architecture usually determines the initial impact of a site. Totally revamping the way a site looks could help increase the number of visitors to the site as well as make sure that those same visitors actually stay.Changing a site’s architecture can also have a big effect on its usability. This means you need to keep utility in mind when you redesign a site. Make sure that the site design isn’t just aesthetically sound, but user-friendly as well. Doing so will enable you to attract more users and visitors, adding value to the site.
- Connecting with users – sometimes, sites just go down because of neglect. If you get a site, you might want to get a hold of old users in order to get in touch with them. This helps rebuild a client base and could provide a solid foundation for the new site, increasing its value.
There are many more ways to increase a site’s value. Again, it all just depends on what you see is wrong with a specific site in the first place. The amount of work in increasing a site’s value can range from simple tweaking to complete overhauls.